EdD (Queensland University of Technology), MEnv Ed (Griffith University), Grad Dip Teach (Brisbane College of Adv. Ed.), Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (Queensland University of Technology), BSc (Griffith University)
Gillian Kidman is a Senior Lecturer in Science Education. She has been involved in the teaching of children through to adults since 1988. Initially as a secondary mathematics and science teacher, she has taught students of all ages and abilities in a variety of subjects in southern Queensland.
In 1994, Gillian was appointed as a part-time academic at QUT, lecturing in ethics, and became a full time lecturer in science education in 2003. Her areas of expertise are
- teacher training and professional development
- science and mathematics education
- educational psychology.
She enjoys working with her undergraduate and postgraduate students, and misses the daily challenges of the classroom.
Awards and achievements
- 2003: Faculty of Education (QUT) Teaching Award
- 2004: QUT Vice-Chancellor`s Distinguished Teaching Award
- 2006: team leader in a Carrick Award nomination for Programs that Enhance Learning.