The Globe is a platform for community engagement, scenario planning and STEAM education endeavours. Through state-of-the-art immersive visualisation, animation, and multi-media design, the Cube Globe enables users to realise their place in the world and the challenges and opportunities the world faces now and into the future.
The Globe presents rich graphics of the Earth combined with data visualisations, 3D models and integrated multimedia. Visitors can uncover the great potential of spatial data visualisation and digital earth systems by exploring an array of stories through key categories.
Originally developed for display on The Cube, the platform is now available anywhere as desktop, mobile, large-scale display systems and presents real-time and historic datasets.
The project continues to evolve and is a major part of the ViseR portfolio and consulting service. Key deployments include:
- Asia-Pacific Cities Summit 2015, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Seqwater ‘Water for Life’ community engagement program, QUT and Regional Sites
- Hypothetical on the 2036 Brisbane River Flood, QUT
- The Manufacturing Technologies Centre, Mawson Lakes (South Australia Department of State Development)
Transforming how we gain insight
The Globe inspires researchers, economists, planners and analysts to leverage new ways to engage their stakeholders. ViseR continues to develop The Globe in areas such as:
- asset management;
- ecosystem and public infrastructure modelling;
- mapping innovation, trade, and competitiveness in industry; and
- surveillance and quarantine response planning.