The Surface Science Queensland group is primarily located at QUT’s Central Analytical Research Facility (CARF).
CARF hosts well-maintained and cutting-edge facilities. Within CARF, the Surface Science laboratory equipment includes:
- Omicron UHV Multiprobe system equipped with STM, AFM, XPS and SPA-LEED
- Zeiss Helios Helium Ion beam Microscope (HIM)
- FEI Quanta 3D Dual Beam Focused Ion beam Microscope
- BMT Multiscan Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- NT-MDT Solver Pro Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Kratos Axis Supra Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS – UPS)
In addition, other characterization techniques like SEM, TEM, Raman, and UV-VIS are also available through CARF in our state of the art Science and Engineering Centre.