The Surface Science Queensland group is primarily located at QUT’s Central Analytical Research Facility (CARF).
CARF hosts well-maintained and cutting-edge facilities. Within CARF, the Surface Science laboratory equipment includes:
- Omicron UHV Multiprobe system equipped with STM, AFM, XPS and SPA-LEED
- Zeiss Helios Helium Ion beam Microscope (HIM)
- FEI Quanta 3D Dual Beam Focused Ion beam Microscope
- BMT Multiscan Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- NT-MDT Solver Pro Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Kratos Axis Supra Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS – UPS)
In addition, other characterization techniques like SEM, TEM, Raman, and UV-VIS are also available through CARF in our state of the art Science and Engineering Centre.
The group has also access to material growth facilities like Chemical Vapor Deposition, Infrared High-Temperature Furnace, Physical Vapor Deposition and Sputtering.