This tsunami activity was created for Year 6 students. The objective of this activity was to:
- build on the knowledge students have gained through the science unit on earthquakes and disasters with a focus on tsunamis.
- recap the information presented in a National Geographic video clips on tsunamis .
- experiment with tsunami waves as they hit land.
- critically question and provide constructive feedback on solution approaches, assumptions made, and concepts ideas applied.
In this activity, students carried out the following:
- Started by watching videos on tsunamis.
- Run tsunami simulations on tsunami stations set up for each group.
- Make predictions and record experiment findings on the table provided in their workbooks.
- Analyse data to reach a conclusion.