Professor Lyn English is internationally recognised for her extensive research and publications in mathematics education and in STEM more broadly, spanning preschool through to year 10. Her areas of research include mathematical modelling, STEM education, engineering and design processes, problem solving and reasoning, statistics education, and early computational thinking.
Professor English is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Australian association. She is affiliated with the following professional boards and associations
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (USA)
- Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia
- American Psychological Association
- American Educational Research Association
- Australasian Association of Engineering Education
- Fellow of The Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia
- Advisory Board of INSPIRE (Institute for Engineering Education), Department of Engineering, Purdue University, USA
- Advisory Board of the Information Age Publishing series, International Sourcebooks in Mathematics and Science Education
- Advisory Board of the James J. Kaput Centre for Research and Innovation in Mathematics Education, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, USA
Professor English is also the founding editor of Mathematical Thinking and Learning Journal. This journal is in its 22nd Volume.
This website is created by Maryam and Satwant Sandhu to showcase some of Professor Lyn English’s work in the STEM area.