- Ideal for educators who aspire to lead the transformation of STEM education in a school or other educational context.
- Build conceptual connections within and between the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
- Build your own degree by choosing topics of interest to you.
- Learn today, use tomorrow with our real-world courses.
- Commonwealth Supported Places available for Australian citizens and permanent visa holders, and New Zealand citizens (subject to change).
Why choose this course?
The Master of Education course is flexible and innovative and can be custom designed to your needs. Our world-class academics are leaders in their fields who will engage you in deep professional learning and reflection to expand your knowledge and skills.
The STEM in Education specialisation is ideal for educators who want to engage in professional learning to develop their STEM pedagogical content knowledge and skills. It caters for educators who:
- are working across the age spectrum from early childhood to Year 12, and adult or workplace learning
- have different levels of experience and responsibility
- have varied levels of STEM pedagogical content knowledge, including qualified STEM educators, those teaching out-of-field, or educators in leadership positions
- are professionals working in non-school contexts, such as curriculum developers.
You can study on campus, online or select a blended approach to suit you.
You’ll be supported to fully participate in classes and workshops. The face-to-face workshops are scheduled at convenient times for teachers and other educators. You can choose to participate in these workshops as an online student if you are able to log in to our video conferencing technology at the scheduled times. Alternatively, you can access the recordings of the workshops at a more convenient time for you. There will be other opportunities to connect with your peers and tutors through scheduled support sessions using video-conferencing technology, or online discussion and collaboration forums.
Learn from the best
QUT’s teaching staff collectively represent a diverse range of STEM education knowledge, skills and experiences across a wide range of educational contexts. Many of these STEM educators are members of QUT’s STEM Education Research Group and are active in leading the advancement of STEM education and teacher professional learning, locally, nationally and internationally.
Transform your teaching
Our Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in education course takes a critical and connected approach to better equip educators to lead and transform the teaching of STEM disciplines.