Changes to Queensland’s senior assessment system are bringing new opportunities for schools to build on the Queensland strengths of informed professionalism and intelligent accountability. It also presents the challenge for schools to investigate, strengthen and argue for the validity of their assessment work. These materials have been developed as part of a 2016 State Government funded Horizon grant that funded a collaborative action research process with Year 11 English teachers in two senior schools that focused on strengthening
- A collective sense of purpose: critical and creative agency
- A shared language of assessment principles
- Equity focussed summative task design
- Responsive formative assessment pedagogies
- Feedback loops for intelligent accountability
This site has links to resources and professional development materials that are designed to support teachers and schools as they strengthen the links between their assessment systems and student learning.