Australia and Brazil are not immune to the catastrophic externalities caused by unsustainable urban development practices. In order to tackle issues limiting sustainable urban development and secure a sustainable future, both countries have embraced the concept of ‘smart cities’ that offers a combination of solutions through various technology-driven innovations applied to different urban environments.
The ‘Australia-Brazil Smart City Research and Practice Network’ establishes an ongoing exchange of smart cities research and practice between Australia and Brazil. The exchange was launched at the ‘Australia-Brazil Smart City Research and Practice Forum’ held in Florianópolis, Brazil with an aim of setting up a formal network to bring both countries closer.
- Queensland University of Technology
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
- Universidade de São Paulo
- Universidade Livre do Meio Ambiente
- Universidade de Caxias do Sul
- Prefeitura de Florianópolis
- Federaçäo do Comércio de Bens, Serviços e Turismo
- Instituto Lixo Zero Brasil
- Associação Brasileira das Empresas de Software
- Associação dos Municipios da Encosta Superior do Nordeste
- Rede Brasileira de Cidades Inteligentes & Humanas
- Universidade Nove de Julho