How are we doing it?
Senior Living Innovation is a collaborative research initiative that tackles complex questions, such as:
- Where do current and future seniors want to live?
- What type of homes do they want to live in?
- Are their new forms of accommodation that they would rather have?
- How do they want to live in their community?
- What are the factors that will lead them to making these decisions?
- How will technology play a role?
- How can we better communicate with future seniors?
Collaboratively, industry partners and researchers use robust scientific research approaches to gather evidence that can be translated to answer the above questions and to:
- better understand what ‘retirement’ or ‘something else’ will look like in the future
- better understand what seniors want now and in the future
- reconsider the design of existing senior housing, products and services
- innovate business models to address affordability and financing issues
- being an industry disrupter, rather than be disrupted