PhD Scholarships are available in fields of:
- Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Image Processing
- Speech, Speaker, and Language Recognition.
Prospective candidates should have:
- an undergraduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related fields with First Class Honours (or equivalent)
- sound mathematical and computing skills
- a background in one or more of the fields of Computer Vision, and Machine Learning Signal Processing, Image Processing, Speech Processing, is desirable.
A Masters Course work degree with at least 25% research component or an MPhil degree is desirable but not essential.
The PhD research will be conducted in the SAIVT Research Laboratories within the QUT Science and Engineering Faculty.
See Research Areas for specific areas of interest, and the Scholarship section below for details of scholarships.
For more information on PhD research projects and available scholarships, please, contact SAIVT Program Leader, Professor Sridha Sridharan.
If you are interested in applying for a PhD with us, send an email to Professor Sridha Sridharan with attached CV (including details of undergraduate studies and your cumulative grade point average), in addition to copies of academic transcripts of all undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Scholarships to support PhD studies, which includes living allowance and tuition fees, are available for both domestic and international students. For information on how to apply for scholarships, including closing dates and eligibility, please contact Prof Sridha Sridharan.
Research study within the SAIVT research program is well supported by extensive computing facilities, funding to purchase specific resources required for research, and to attend national and international conferences. Scholarship top-ups over and above the standard Australian Postgraduate Research Scholarship rate are available to qualified students.
Support for 3-6 month PhD internships at prestigious international institutions are also available.
Special scholarships are advertised in this website when available.