- What is the evidence on the role of the arts in improving health and well-being? A scoping review.
This World Health Organisation report synthesises the global evidence on the role of the arts in improving health and well-being. Drawing on over 3,000 studies, it represents the most comprehensive evidence review of arts and health to date.
- Place-based Evaluation Framework: A national guide for evaluation of place-based approaches. By Jess Dart (2018). Report commissioned by the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (DCDSS) and the Australian Government Department of Social Services (DSS).
- The Wellbeing Trap: on arts, culture and education after Covid-19. By Greg Klerkx. The Cultural Learning Alliance, 6 Aug 2020.
- Funny Weather: Art in an Emergency. By Olivia Liang, Norton (2020)
- Persistent Creativity: Making the Case for Art, Culture and the Creative Industries. By Peter Campbell, Palgrave Macmillan (2020)
- Histories of Cultural Participation, Values and Governance. Edited by: Eleonora Belfiore & Lisanne Gibson, Palgrave Macmillan (2019)
- Rusted Off: Why country Australia is fed up. By Gabrielle Chan, Penguin (2018)
- The Empathy Instinct: How to Create a More Civil Society. By Peter Bazalgette, Hachette (2017)
Chapters & Articles
- ‘Minding the Gap’: Elucidating the disconnect between arts participation metrics and arts engagement within immigrant communities. Article by J.L. Novak Leonard, M.K. O’Malley & E. Truong, 2015. Journal: Cultural Trends 24(2), pp. 112-121.
- Spectres of evaluation: indeterminacy and the negotiation of value(s) in socially engaged art. Chapter by Marnie Badham, 2019. Book: ‘Co-Creation’, edited by Celine Poulin, Marie Preston & Stephanie Airaud.