We train world-class students, researchers and practitioners through a culture of collaborative research training. We continuously create opportunities for our students and researchers to engage and network with professionals from external organisations.
Why complete your research degree with us?
Completing your research degree with our Centre offers you a world of opportunities. Throughout your research degree you will:
- participate in an active local, national and international community of research in data science
- be able to promote your expertise and activities on the Centre website and communication channels
- have access to information about research projects and outputs, funding opportunities, external projects, visitors, jobs and other professional activities
- increase your opportunities for joint publications, grant submissions and collaborative research
- be invited to participate in research activities, seminar series and external networking events
- take advantage of opportunities to engage with experts in data science.
Data science for sustainability in Antarctica
Securing Antarctica’s Environmental Future (SAEF) is an Australian Research Council Special Research Initiative that aims to strengthen Antarctic science, policy and governance at a time of rapid environmental and geopolitical change. The initiative will deliver interdisciplinary science to forecast environmental change across the Antarctic region, to deploy effective environmental stewardship strategies in the face of this change and to secure Antarctica as a natural reserve devoted to peace and science.
Learn more about what our researchers are contributing to this important initiative, and explore the possibility of joining their projects as a research student.
Centre co-funded scholarships
Our centre is committed to expanding the capacity of new PhD scholarship in the data science community in addition to those offered by QUT.
We offer co-funded scholarships from time to time, often in collaboration with industry partners or that fund projects with a strong industry focus. We will advertise co-funded scholarships here when scholarships are open for applications.
If you wish to undertake a research degree with us but do not require a scholarship (or will bring one with you), contact us at email@example.com.
Have you received a QUT scholarship? You may also be eligible to apply for a top-up scholarship from the QUT Centre for Data Science PhD Top-Up Scheme. This will give you an additional $5,000 per annum for 3 years (full-time enrolment). Applications for this top-up scheme should be made through the proposed principal supervisor who must be a centre participant.
Due to Covid-19 travel restrictions, we encourage applications from domestic and international students who already reside in Australia. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Data science PhDs at QUT
Thinking about applying to do your PhD at QUT? Consider studying a topic relating to our core research programs:
- Data for discovery
- Data science models and methods
- Computational algorithms
- Data-focused decision making
- Applied data science