Ph.D (Queensland University of Technology), BAppSc(Hons) (Queensland University of Technology)
In May 2016, I was appointed to Associate Professor of Operations Research at QUT, within the School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS), making a return to academia after 10 years working in the consulting industry. This appointment by SMS aligns with the history and on-going strategy of the school to pursue teaching and research with real-world impact, a successful strategy leading QUT's School of Mathematical Sciences to be one of the strongest performing schools of mathematics nationally. Since completing a PhD in Operations Research at QUT in 2002, I continued at QUT as a Research Associate until 2006 before accepting a role as Mathematician within AECOM’s simulation and analytics team, becoming a Principal in 2010. In 2012 I accepted a technical lead role with consulting company Aurecon, as part of a small team tasked with building an operations modelling and analytics capability from the ground up. I played a leading role in the development of proprietary operations simulation platforms and supporting tools, predominantly in the areas of rail operations, bulk materials handling/mining, port operations and general queuing networks. This also included the development of optimisation models and algorithms which underpinned the planning engines within the simulation libraries. Leveraging this body of work, I was the technical lead on operational modelling for feasibility studies, master planning and operational optimisation for many large infrastructure projects within Australia and internationally. I continue to work collaboratively with Aurecon to maintain and continue development of these models and libraries. Since May 2016, I have been a full-time Associate Professor at QUT. This role consists of an allocation of 40% teaching, 40% research and 20% service/administration. Prior to this current role, I was a sessional lecturer at QUT since 2010, delivering a third year Operations Research unit covering decision theory, queueing theory and simulation. I was also appointed as an Adjunct Associate Professor from 2012 to 2016. I am now unit coordinator for 2 undergraduate Operations Research units, and I am responsible for a post-graduate Operations Research module along with supervision of post-graduate students. Within SMS, I have a service role as Industry Engagement Director, working with the School Executive Committee and Industry Engagement Team on strategic initiatives to grow our involvement in collaborative research with industry.
- Academic Honours, Prestigious Awards or Prizes
- Reference year
- Vice-Chancellors Performance Award: for design and delivery of Work-Integrated-Learning for a mathematics capstone unit.
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2008). Optimised loading patterns for intermodal trains. Operations-Research-Spektrum, 30(4), 721–750. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/30944
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2006). An Assignment Model for Dynamic Load Planning of Intermodal Trains. Computers and Operations Research, 33(1), 1–17. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/22072
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2004). Ant Colony Optimisation for Machine Layout Problems. Computational Optimization and Applications, 28, 287–310. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/23767
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2004). Job Scheduling with Technical Constraints. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 55, 160–169. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/22029
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2004). Meta-Heuristics for a Complex Push-Pull Production System. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 15, 381–393. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/23013
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2010). Adapting ant colony optimization to a real machine layout problem. ASOR Bulletin, 29(4), 2–20. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/121733
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2006). A Decision Support System for Intermodal Train Planning. Proceedings of The Second International Intelligent Logistics Systems Conference 2006, 13.1. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/24742
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2004). Dynamic Container Train Planning. Proceedings of the Fifth Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference 2004, 1–20. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/24921
- Corry, P. & Kozan, E. (2002). Optimising a Horizontally Integrated Push/Pull Hybrid Production System in a Foundry. In E. Kozan & A. Ohuchi (Eds.), Operations Research/Management Science at Work (pp. 189–203). Kluwer Academic Publishers. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/21602
- Kozan, E. & Corry, P. (2005). A Real Time Decision Support System for Intermodal Container Terminals. Proceedings Thirty-Fifth International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, 1197–1202. https://eprints.qut.edu.au/24568