Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
Dr Nicole White is a Research Fellow with the Australian Centre for Health Services Innovation and School of Public Health and Social Work.
Nicole was awarded a PhD in Statistics from QUT in 2011 and since then, has developed reserach expertise in applied statistics across a number of disciplines including epidemiology, genetics and health services research. Her current research focusses on the evaluation of next-generation genomics and its role in clinical decision making and patient-centered care. As an associate investigator with the Australian Centre for Excellence in Mathematics and Statistics (ACEMS), Dr White is also conducting research into the value of big data analytics for informing decision making in health services.
Nicole is an experienced supervisor of postgraduate students, and has lectured a number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Statistics. She currently serves on the executive committee for the Queensland branch of the Statistical Society of Australia.
- White N, Benton M, Kennedy D, Fox A, Griffiths L, Lea R, Mengersen K, (2017) Accounting for cell lineage and sex effects in the identification of cell-specific DNA methylation using a Bayesian model selection algorithm, PLoS One p1-18
- White N, Mengersen K, (2016) Predicting health programme participation: a gravity-based, hierarchical modelling approach, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. Series C: Applied Statistics p145-166
- Cramb S, Baade P, White N, Ryan L, Mengersen K, (2015) Inferring lung cancer risk factor patterns through joint Bayesian spatio-temporal analysis, Cancer Epidemiology p430-439
- Van Havre Z, White N, Rousseau J, Mengersen K, (2015) Overfitting Bayesian mixture models with an unknown number of components, PLoS One p1-27
- Wiemers P, Marney L, Muller R, Brandon M, Kuchu P, Kuhlar K, Uchime C, Kang D, White N, Greenup R, Fraser J, Yadav S, Tam R, (2014) Cardiac surgery in indigenous Australians - How wide is 'the gap'?, Heart, Lung and Circulation p265-272
- White N, Johnson H, Silburn P, Mengersen K, (2012) Dirichlet process mixture models for unsupervised clustering of symptoms in Parkinson's disease, Journal of Applied Statistics p2363-2377
- White N, Johnson H, Silburn P, Mellick G, Dissanayaka N, Mengersen K, (2012) Probabilistic subgroup identification using Bayesian finite mixture modelling: A case study in Parkinson's disease phenotype identification, Statistical Methods in Medical Research p563-583
- Bayesian Approaches to Issues Arising in Spatial Modelling (2017)
- Bayesian Spatiotemporal Modelling of Chronic Disease Outcomes (2017)
- Bayesian Estimation of the Number of Components in Mixture and Hidden Markov Models: Methods and Applications (2016)