Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
Krishna Behara is a postdoctoral fellow in transport engineering at Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in Brisbane, Australia. He completed his PhD in transport engineering at QUT (Australia), his masters in transportation engineering and bachelors (hons.) in civil engineering at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (India).
Prior to joining QUT, Krishna worked as consultant engineer (Transport) at National Rural Roads Development Agency, Ministry of Rural Development, New Delhi, India; and as Assistant Professor in the department of civil engineering, ANITS (India). He also worked on transport research projects with Queensland Department of Transport Main Roads (Australia), Mains Road Western Australia (Australia), and Jaipur Development Authority (India).
He is currently conducting fundamental research on the study of travel behaviour in Queensland using behavioural economics.
Krishna’s research interests include transport data analytics, traffic modelling and simulation, travel behavior, behavioral econometrics, and discrete choice models.
Consultant Engineer (Transport)
National Rural Roads Development Agency, Ministry of Rural Development, New Delhi, India
- Detailed Scrutiny Analysis of Proposals for Roads (Detailed Project Reports) received from different States of India.
- Preparing Pre-Empowered Committee and Empowered Committee presentations of the respective states that submit road/bridge proposals for sanction.
- Assisted Director (Technical) in drafting and designing Pavement Design Catalogues on IIT Pave Software for the Cement Stabilized bases and sub-bases & for Granular bases and sub-bases to successfully incorporate in the revised code of IRC SP-72:2015.
- Involved in the Research and Development activities like, co-ordinating the research proposals received from various IITs, NITs, Central Universities and top Private Universities in India by receiving the research proposals submitted to NRRDA for funding, reviewing them, co-coordinating the research proposal presentations by Principal Investigators in the presence of the Expert Group, preparing the minutes of meeting and managing the logistics.
- Behara K, Bhaskar A, Chung E, (2020) A Novel Methodology to Assimilate Sub-Path Flows in Bi-Level OD Matrix Estimation Process, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems p1-11
- Behara K, Bhaskar A, Chung E, (2020) A novel approach for the structural comparison of origin-destination matrices: Levenshtein distance, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies p513-530
- Behara K, Bhaskar A, Chung E, (2020) Geographical window based structural similarity index for origin-destination matrices comparison, Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems p1-22
- Behara K, Bhaskar A, Chung E, (2018) Classification of typical Bluetooth OD matrices based on structural similarity of travel patterns: Case study on Brisbane city, Proceedings of the Annual Meeting The Transportation Research Board (TRB) 97th Annual Meeting p1-17
- Behara K, Bhaskar A, Chung E, (2018) Novel approach for OD estimation based on observed turning proportions and Bluetooth structural information: Proof of the concept, Australasian Transport Research Forum (ATRF) 2018 Proceedings p1-5