PhD in Information Systems and Computer Engineering (University of Lisbon)
More information in http://cmoreira.eu/
I am Lecturer in Information Systems at the Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology. I am also an associate editor for the Springer Nature journal BMC Bioinformatics, section “Machine learning and artificial intelligence”. I am a pioneer in the development of non-classical probabilistic graphical models for decision making to empower human decision-making. My work also comprises machine learning / deep learning models, multi-modal image data fusion techniques for medical decision-making and innovative human interactive probabilistic models for explainable AI.
My background is Information Systems and Computer Engineering with a specialisation in Enterprise Information Systems and Artificial Intelligence.
My PhD focused on Quantum Probabilistic Graphical Models for Cognition and Decision in which I developed a Quantum-Like Bayesian Network that can predict and accommodate several paradoxical human decisions that violate the laws of classical probability theory and logic.
I defended my PhD in December of 2017 with Pass with Honours and Distinction
In 2018, I received the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching for my work at the School of Business, University of Leicester. The Dean’s Award recognises excellence in teaching and contribution to the enhancement of the student learning experience. It is awarded to staff on the basis of their contribution to engaging, motivating and inspiring students.
More information can be found on my personal website: http://cmoreira.eu/
- Chouhan V, Kumar Singh S, Khamparia A, Gupta D, Tiwari P, Pinto Moreira C, Damasevicius R, C. de Albuquerque V, (2020) A novel transfer learning based approach for pneumonia detection in chest x-ray images, Applied Sciences p1-17
- Wichert A, Pinto Moreira C, Bruza P, (2020) Balanced quantum-like Bayesian networks, Entropy p1-26
- Pinto Moreira C, Fell L, Dehdashti S, Bruza P, Wichert A, (2020) Towards a quantum-like cognitive architecture for decision-making, Behavioral and Brain Sciences p1-8
- Moreira C, (2019) Unifying Decision-Making: A Review on Evolutionary Theories on Rationality and Cognitive Biases, Quanta and Mind: Essays on the Connection between Quantum Mechanics and Consciousness p235-248
- Wichert A, Pinto Moreira C, (2019) Balanced quantum-like model for decision making, Quantum Interaction: 11th International Conference, QI 2018, Revised Selected Papers p79-90
- Moreira C, Wichert A, (2019) Introducing Quantum-Like Influence Diagrams for Violations of the Sure Thing Principle, Quantum Interaction - 11th International Conference, QI 2018, Revised Selected Papers p91-108
- Pinto Moreira C, Wichert A, (2018) Are quantum-like Bayesian networks more powerful than classical Bayesian networks?, Journal of Mathematical Psychology p73-83
- Pinto Moreira C, Haven E, Sozzo S, Wichert A, (2018) Process mining with real world financial loan applications: Improving inference on incomplete event logs, PLoS One p1-31
- Aerts D, Geriente S, Pinto Moreira C, Sozzo S, (2018) Testing ambiguity and Machina preferences within a quantum-theoretic framework for decision-making, Journal of Mathematical Economics p176-185
- Pinto Moreira C, Wichert A, (2017) Are quantum models for order effects quantum?, International Journal of Theoretical Physics p4029-4046
- Causability in Predictive Black Boxes: Theory, Algorithms and Applications
PhD, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Peter Bruza
- Explainable AI-enabled Predictive Process Analytics for Empowering Human-Decision Making
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Dr Chun Ouyang, Dr Renuka Sindhgatta Rajan
- A Software Toolkit For Developing Probabilistic Models Of Quantum Cognition
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Peter Bruza, Dr Andrew Gibson