QUT Centre for Data Science 2024 PhD Scholarship
The Centre for Data Science (CDS) is offering a three year scholarship to a highly motivated and exceptional PhD candidate who has interest and expertise that aligns with one or more of the Centre’s research programs and domains:
You will receive a tax free scholarship of $33,637 per annum for three years.
This stipend will be paid fortnightly and indexed annually. This scholarship is for full-time study and can be used to support living costs. A six-month extension to the scholarship may be possible, subject to approval.
A successful international student will be considered for a research degree tuition fee sponsorship, if successful in receiving the scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the entry requirements for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at QUT, and not be in receipt of another living allowance scholarship to undertake the research degree.
In addition, this scholarship has specific eligibility conditions including:
- applicants must nominate a proposed supervisor, and must make contact with the supervisor prior to submitting an Expression of Interest
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills for the PhD project
- applicants must be able to commence, on shore, by 31 July 2024.
How to apply
Fill out this application form where you will be asked to:
- Provide an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) and a copy of your latest academic transcript, or relevant research skills if applicable.
- Indicate a research area in CDS that you will be interested to work in
- Provide names of your proposed supervisor(s)
- Advise your student and PhD application status.
What happens next?
If successful in your scholarship application, you will be invited to submit an expression of interest (EOI) to study a PhD at QUT if you have not yet done so. See more information about this process here: How to apply for a research degree
If your EOI is successful, you will be invited to submit a full application including a research proposal to finalise your application.
Application Closing Date
Scholarship applications close 5pm Sunday 26 November 2023.
The scholarship will be governed by QUTPRA rules (QUT Postgraduate Research Award (Domestic) or QUT Postgraduate Research Award (International) but will only include provisions for up to an additional 12 weeks of paid sick leave, paid maternity leave and paid extensions.
There are additional milestones that will need to be achieved as a part of this scholarship that will be discussed with you at time of application.