Our Core Research Programs
Our new methods for collecting different data types from new and available sources including digital, virtual reality, expert/citizen and unstructured data.
- Data Science Models and Methods
- We use novel models to describe and make decisions about complex real-world systems, and methods to ensure high quality, open, reproducible data science.
We have developed scalable, efficient computational algorithms for analysing dimensional and highly structured data.
Our new methods for visualisation, communication and interpretation of data and analyses allow for improved decision-making, and the critical evaluation of issues related to the role and use of data science in society (e.g. trust, ethics and privacy).
We collaborate to develop novel data science methods for domain-specific research.
- Our domains provide an applied focus and bring together multiple concentrations of research expertise and groupings to focus on a domain area. The domains act as an umbrella for the more applied areas for researchers with different expertise to work on a common theme.
The Social Systems domain encompasses data science research focused on the patterned networks of relationships involving individuals, groups and institutions.
- Australian Data Science Network
- We are the lead node for the Australian Data Science Network. We are creating a national network of like-minded groups to enhance research, learning, outcomes and opportunities for data science researchers.
- We provide research training for higher degree research students, early career researchers and undergraduate interns.
- Knowledge exchange
- Upskill with short courses, seminars, MOOCs and professional sabbaticals.
- External data science services.
- We offer commercial research and consulting services and professional training in data science.