We strive to build and nurture a culture that values inclusivity and diversity and respects everyone in in our community regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, ethnicity, race, and culture. We value and promote an inclusive environment where researchers feel empowered to share their experience and ideas.
We are building this culture by:
- aligning our policies and values with QUT’s equity, diversity and inclusion policies
- ensuring that our leadership team is diverse and inclusive
- improving recognition and visibility of achievements through proactive nomination of diverse groups for awards, prizes and fellowships
- encouraging mentorship and sponsorship, particularly early career researchers and research students
- raising awareness of training and development opportunities on equity, diversity and inclusion topics
- ensuring gender balance in panels and forums that we organise and promote
- promoting diversity through our communications, including profiling students and staff from diverse cohorts, developing and delivering events and guidelines that promote diversity and inclusion, and using non-gender biased language and inclusive messaging.
- adopting recruitment strategies to attract diverse researchers and students.
We support and uphold QUT’s values of ambition, curiosity, integrity, inclusiveness and innovation. Find out more about QUT’s equity, diversity and inclusion policies.