Become a centre participant
There are four ways of participating in the QUT Centre for Data Science:
- Associate investigators. Any QUT staff member or adjunct who is undertaking research that aligns with the QUT Centre for Data Science is welcome to participate as an associate investigator with an expected commitment of 0.1FTE.
- DataScience@QUT. Centres and other concentrations of expertise in data science in any part of QUT are welcome to join collectively as part of the DataScience@QUT Network by nominating a representative for the group.
- Students. Any QUT student who is undertaking research that aligns with the QUT Centre for Data Science are welcome to participate as a Student.
- Centre affiliates. Researchers and practitioners in data science outside QUT or who don’t meet the above descriptions are welcome to join the centre affiliates program.
Any QUT staff member, student or adjunct who is undertaking research that aligns with the QUT Centre for Data Science is welcome to apply for membership. Centres and other concentrations of expertise at QUT can also join collectively by nominating a representative for the group.
The benefits of becoming a centre participant include:
- participation in an active local, national and international community of research in data science
- promotion of your expertise and activities on our website
- promotion and communication of research projects and outputs, funding opportunities, external projects, visitors, jobs and other activities related to data science
- increased opportunity for joint grant submissions, co-supervision of students and collaborative research
- invitation to participate in research activities, seminar series, external networking events
- access to competitive funding for working groups, think tanks, visitors and postgraduate awards
- shared collaborative workplaces for postgraduate and early career researchers
- opportunities to engage with experts in data science.
You will be expected to engage actively in centre activities, report each semester on relevant activities and outputs, and acknowledge the centre in relevant outputs where appropriate. Participation will be reviewed on an annual basis, with renewal contingent on active engagement. Participation in this Centre does not preclude nor constrain participation in any other Centre or research concentration at QUT.