Data science is a powerful force for addressing the challenges we face across all sectors – health, environment, business, society and industry. Its ability to solve global challenges is at the forefront of discussions and strategic activity in most commercial and government organisations, research entities and universities.
We draw together capability in data science from across Australia to deliver world-class research, unique training opportunities and active external engagement.
The centre provides a one-stop-shop to:
- build Australia’s data science network and research profile
- bridge the gap between deep research and applications
- access a trusted source for advice on data science issues
- bring together a critical mass of data science researchers to develop start-of-the-art solutions
- create partnerships through an Australian data science network
- provide research and professional training opportunities for undergraduate students through to mid-career researchers and senior professionals
- leverage investment in data science (e.g. strategic appointments, Australian Research Council Centres of Excellence and in eResearch).