PhD (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
Christina Kazantzidou is a Lecturer in the School of Electrical Engineering and Robotics at QUT and a Chief Investigator with the QUT Centre for Robotics. She is dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace and has taken on the service role of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Portfolio Lead within the Centre. Christina is also passionate about learning and teaching and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Christina received a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, a Master’s Degree in Theoretical Informatics and Systems & Control Theory, and a PhD in Mathematics, all from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. She moved to Australia in March 2014 and worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Curtin University, where she conducted research in geometric control theory and descriptor systems. After completing her 2-year appointment at Curtin, Christina moved to Brisbane in March 2016 to work as a Research Associate within the Robotics and Autonomous Systems Discipline in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at QUT. During her employment at QUT, she conducted research in controller designs and tuning for marine systems, geometric control theory and descriptor systems. From June 2017 to May 2020, Christina worked on a QUT project supported by the Australian Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group, Maritime Platform Dynamics & Control.
Christina is currently the unit coordinator and a lecturer in EGB243 – Aircraft Systems and Flight. She was also a unit coordinator and lecturer in EGB345 – Control and Dynamic Systems and a lecturer in EGB243 – Aircraft Systems and Flight in 2020, the unit coordinator and lecturer in MXB201 – Advanced Linear Algebra in 2019, and a tutor for the Computer Labs in EGH445 – Modern Control in 2017 and 2018.
- 1 January 2019 – Present, Lecturer, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- 21 March 2016 – 31 December 2018, Research Associate, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- 17 March 2014 – 16 March 2016, Postdoctoral Fellow, Curtin University, Australia
- Kazantzidou C, Schmid R, Ntogramatzidis L, (2018) Nonovershooting state feedback and dynamic output feedback tracking controllers for descriptor systems, International Journal of Control p1785-1800
- Kazantzidou C, Perez T, Donaire A, Valentinis F, (2018) Internal model control for rudder roll stabilisation and course keeping of a surface marine craft, Proceedings of the 11th IFAC Conference on Control Applications in Marine Systems, Robotics, and Vehicles CAMS 2018 (IFAC-PapersOnLine, Volume 51, Issue 29) p457-462
- Kazantzidou C, Ntogramatzidis L, Perez T, (2018) Computation of regular friends for output-nulling and reachability subspaces of linear time-invariant descriptor systems, Proceedings of the 16th European Control Conference (ECC18) p2505-2510
- Kazantzidou C, Ntogramatzidis L, (2017) Geometric structure and properties of linear time invariant multivariable systems in the controller canonical form, IET Control Theory and Applications p25-37
- Kazantzidou C, Perez T, Valentinis F, (2017) Eigenstructure assignment for the position regulation of a fully-actuated marine craft, Proceedings of the 20th World Congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control, IFAC 2017 (IFAC-PapersOnLine, Volume 50, Issue 1) p12398-12403
- Kazantzidou C, Perez T, Donaire A, (2017) On the tuning of nested-structure dynamic-positioning control of a marine craft, Proceedings of the 2017 11th Asian Control Conference (ASCC) p2663-2668
- Kazantzidou C, Ntogramatzidis L, (2016) On the computation of the fundamental subspaces for descriptor systems, International Journal of Control p1481-1494
- Vardulakis A, Kazantzidou C, (2016) Proper, denominator assigning feedback compensators equivalent to state variable feedback, Systems and Control Letters p35-40
- Kazantzidou C, Ntogramatzidis L, Vardulakis A, Garone E, (2015) Geometric structure and properties of LTI systems in the controller canonical form, Proceedings of the 5th Australian Control Conference (AUCC) p354-359
- Vardulakis A, Kazantzidou C, (2011) Denominator assignment, invariants and canonical forms under dynamic feedback compensation in linear multivariable systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control p1180-1185