This research program is investigating how robots can effectively interact socially with humans, which will be critical to their wider adoption in homes, workplaces and healthcare facilities.
Research questions include how:
- to program robots to recognise, understand and respond to human behaviours
- humans will interact, perceive and trust robots
- humans will use robots to achieve collaborative goals
- robots will learn social norms, roles and scripts over time
- robots can successfully integrate into society; and whether they need theory of mind, cognition and emotional intelligence to be effective with humans.
This program is still in formation and has no current projects underway.