About the Centre
The Centre aims to build collaborative robotics capability within Australian manufacturing. The Industrial Transformation Training Centre (ITTC) in Collaborative Robotics in Advanced Manufacturing (also known as the Australian Cobotics Centre) commenced in August 2021 and is primarily funded by the ARC’s Industrial Transformation Research Program with additional funding from university and industry partners.
The Australian Cobotics Centre is headquartered at QUT and led by Professor Jonathan Roberts. Researchers from the Centre’s University partners (University Technology Sydney, Swinburne University of Technology and the Technical University of Dortmund), work closely with industry partners that include Cook Medical, B & R Enclosures, InfraBuild, Weld Australia, IR4 andARM Hub.
The Centre will equip researchers and industry with the skills and expertise needed not just to develop and apply the technology, but to also manage the human and design factors, business adoption, management quality, and workforce issues that result from the implementation of new technology.
Find out more: www.australiancobotics.org or through LinkedIn and Twitter
What we do
The Australian Cobotics Centre is unique in its holistic approach to both collaborative robotics research and its subsequent application. The research programs have been designed to encourage collaboration between our industry partners and our researchers and address all the factors that need to be considered.
The research programs include:
- Biomimic Cobots – Enabling cobots to mimic humans in acquiring perception, awareness, adaptation & manipulation skills.
- Human-Robot Interaction – Designing robots that work better with humans
- Designing Socio-technical Robotic Systems – Designing manufacturing systems, products and spaces that connect humans and robots.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance – Creating tools for the specification, capturing, monitoring and evaluation of the digital thread.
- Human-Robot Workforce – Understanding the impact of robots on skills, jobs, workers and workplaces.
QUT Researchers include:
- Jonathan Roberts (Director)
- Peter Corke (Associate Director, Research Training)
- Anjali Tumkar Jaiprakash (Chief Investigator)
- Glenda Caldwell (Program co-lead)
- Jared Donovan (Program co-lead)
- Markus Rittenbruch (Program Co-lead)
- Greg Hearn (Program Co-lead)
- Penny Williams (Program Co-lead)
- Paula McDonald (Chief Investigator)
- Alan Burden (postdoctoral Research Fellow)
- Yu Kao (postdoctoral Research Fellow)
- Melinda Laundon (postdoctoral Research Fellow)