Light based technologies allow us to detect, image and illuminate. The group at QUT designs and establishes optical assemblies, as well as fabricates nanostructured materials that allow a diverse array of light-material interactions to be investigated. Our focus is to control the interaction through optimization of material and light properties.
- Detect materials of interest through stand-off Raman spectroscopy
- Detect trace amounts of materials through surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS)
- Develop efficient nanostructures that emit light through nonlinear optical processes
- Enhance nonlinear response through material design and light structuring
- Micromanufacturing and deposition through light structuring
- Develop efficient visible light photocatalysts.