Highest Academic Qualification Research Themes: Areas of Expertise Honours and Awards Membership of Professional Bodies
Highest Academic Qualification
Areas of Expertise
Honours and Awards
Membership of Professional Bodies
Professor Ayoko was awarded his DPhil degree in Chemistry in 1986. After spending his early career working in developing countries Professor Ayoko joined QUT in 1999. Since that time he has built a significant profile in research, teaching and administration. During his career Professor Ayoko has authored/co-authored over 200 publications. Professor Ayoko is an accomplished supervisor of HDR students with many wining awards and/or taking up positions at QUT and other institutions. Professor Ayoko has also held various leadership positions, including Head of the School of Physical and Chemical Sciences (Acting), Discipline Head, Discipline Leader, and still remains a leading figure in chemistry at QUT.
Projects (Chief investigator)
- Novel Nanoscale Platforms for the Isolation and Ultra-trace Detection of Bioactive Molecules
- Quantitative Analysis of Commercial Dietary Supplements
- Rapid Detection and Differentiation of EPO Isoforms in Blood by Handheld Raman and Electrochemical Devices
- The Measurement of Free IGF-1 Using Spectroscopic Methods
- Ultra Trace Detection of Environmental Toxicants Using Nanosensors
- Sarfo, Daniel Kantanka, Kiriakous, Emad, O'Mullane, Anthony, Ayoko, Godwin (2018) Molecular recognition and detection of Pb(II) ions in water by aminobenzo-18-crown-6 immobilised onto a nanostructured SERS substrate Sensors and Actuators, B: Chemical, 255 (2), pp.1945-1952.
- Sarfo, Daniel Kantanka, Arumugam, Sivanesan, Kiriakous, Emad, Ayoko, Godwin (2017) Rapid detection of mercury contamination in water by surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy RSC Advances, 7 (35), pp.21567-21575.
- Hassanain, Waleed Ahmed Mostafa Ahmed, Kiriakous, Emad, Schmidt, Michael, Ayoko, Godwin (2017) Gold nanomaterials for the selective capturing and SERS diagnosis of toxins in aqueous and biological fluids Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 91, pp.664-672.
- Dey, Priyanka, Kiriakous, Emad (2015) Magnetic nanoparticles boosting the osmotic efficiency of a polymeric FO draw agent: Effect of polymer conformation Desalination, 373, pp.79-85.
- Hassanain, Waleed Ahmed Mostafa Ahmed, Kiriakous, Emad, Arumugam, Sivanesan, Ayoko, Godwin (2017) Towards interference free HPLC-SERS for the trace analysis of drug metabolites in biological fluids Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 136, pp.38-43.
- Hughes, Juanita, Kiriakous, Emad, Lott, Bill, Ayoko, Godwin, Sillence, Martin (2014) Ultra sensitive label free surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy method for the detection of biomolecules Talanta, 130, pp.20-25.
- Hassanain, Waleed, Arumugam, Sivanesan, Kiriakous, Emad, Ayoko, Godwin (2018) An electrochemical biosensor for the rapid detection of erythropoietin in blood Talanta, 189, pp.636-640.