Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Biological Sciences (Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina)
Flavia Medeiros Savi is a researcher in the Centre in Regenerative Medicine at the Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. Her research focuses on the In vivo characterization and evaluating of 3D printed implants, specially applied to the reconstruction critical sized bone defects, as well as abdominal and pelvic floor defects, spinal fusion, and breast reconstructions. She is highly skilled in state of the art analytical tools including: Scanning Electron microscopy, Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy, light polarized microscopy, brightfield tiles microscopy, light microscopy, as well as EXAKT Cutting and Grinding System.
- Sparks D, Saifzadeh S, Savi F, Dlaska C, Berner A, Henkel J, Reichert J, Wullschleger M, Ren J, Cipitria A, McGovern J, Steck R, Wagels M, Woodruff M, Schuetz M, Hutmacher D, (2020) A preclinical large-animal model for the assessment of critical-size load-bearing bone defect reconstruction, Nature Protocols p877-924
- Black C, Kanczler J, de Andrés M, White L, Savi F, Bas O, Saifzadeh S, Henkel J, Zannettino A, Gronthos S, Woodruff M, Hutmacher D, Oreffo R, (2020) Characterisation and evaluation of the regenerative capacity of Stro-4+ enriched bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells using bovine extracellular matrix hydrogel and a novel biocompatible melt electro-written medical-grade polycaprolactone scaffold, Biomaterials
- Sparks D, Savi F, Saifzadeh S, Schuetz M, Wagels M, Hutmacher D, (2020) Convergence of Scaffold-Guided Bone Reconstruction and Surgical Vascularization Strategies-A Quest for Regenerative Matching Axial Vascularization, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology
- Savi F, Lawrence F, Hutmacher D, Woodruff M, Bray L, Wille M, (2019) Histomorphometric Evaluation of Critical-Sized Bone Defects Using Osteomeasure and Aperio Image Analysis Systems, Tissue Engineering, Part C: Methods p732-741
- Medeiros Savi F, Brierly G, Baldwin J, Theodoropoulos C, Woodruff M, (2017) Comparison of different decalcification methods using rat mandibles as a model, Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry p705-722
- Baldwin J, Wagner F, Martine L, Holzapfel B, Theodoropoulos C, Bas O, Medeiros Savi F, Werner C, Juan Pardo E, Hutmacher D, (2017) Periosteum tissue engineering in an orthotopic in vivo platform, Biomaterials p193-204