Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), Master of Fine Art (Monash University), Bachelor of Arts (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Fine Art (Sculpture) (Victorian College of the Arts)
Background Charles Robb is a practicing artist and an Senior Lecturer in Visual Art. Charles's work has been exhibited at major Australian venues including
- the Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia
- the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney
- the Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane.
- 2005: selected for the National Gallery of Australia Sculpture Prize
- 2001, 2002 and 2005: short-listed three times for the Helen Lempriere National Sculpture Award
- recipient of Project Grants from both Arts Queensland and the Australia Council
- 2006: awarded the Australia Council Studio Residency at the Cite des Internationales in Paris.
- 2001: received a Freedman Foundation Travelling Scholarship to research Baroque sculpture in Spain.
In addition to appearing in catalogues, his work has been reviewed in
- Art and Australia
- Art Monthly
- Australian Art Collector
- World Sculpture News
His writing has been published in
- contemporary sculpture
- the portrait bust
- the commemorative statue
- autogeneity in contemporary art practice.