Members of the ILAQH have been giving numerous media appearances on the topic of air quality from bush fire smoke, with the continuation of multiple bush fires burning across Queensland and New South Wales.
- ABC News on 9 December, titled Sydney smoke is infiltrating homes and it may be just as hazardous to stay indoors | Download
- Chanel 7 News Brisbane on 9 December, titled Brisbane’s air quality worse than Tokyo.
- Nine News on 10 December, titled Air quality inside homes could be almost as bad as outside, expert says | Download
- SBS World news on 10 December, titled Parents worried that schools aren’t equipped for hazardous bushfire air quality | Download
- Pedestrian TV on 10 December, titled As Sydney Chokes, A Pollution Expert Calls For “Essential” Air Quality Shelters| Download
- The Conversation on 12 December, titled From face masks to air purifiers: what actually works to protect us from bushfire smoke? | Download
- Academy of Science, on 12 December 2019, review of the bushfire smoke video, How are you coping with the smokey air?
- ABC Radio Current Affairs Canberra with Claudia Long on 16 December, on the usefulness of masks/respirators.
- ABC TV The Drum Program, on 16 December on the air quality from bushfire smoke. | To view on ABC iView.
- 2SER Radio in Sydney, 107.3FM Live Radio Interview on 18 December
- ABC Health and Wellbeing on 18 December, on How to maintain your fitness and keep active as our air quality plummets.
- ABC News on 8 January, From air purifiers to DIY hacks: What are the best ways to try to keep your home smoke-free? | Download
- Fairfax’s national science reporter for The Age and Sydney Morning Herald: on new research on air quality and mosquito coils, January 2019.
- QUT Media Release on 14 November, titled Bushfire smoke more dangerous than dust storm particles | Download
- ABC Radio Interview with Kat Feeney on 21 November, on the local air pollution in Brisbane from bushfire smoke and health implications on humans and animals. ABC Brisbane Afternoons (1:24:25)
- Brisbane Times on 21 November, titled Health concerns from two weeks of smoke in southern Queensland. This was picked up by Fairfax, The Age, Brisbane Times, Sydney Morning Herald, WA Today | Download
- ABC Interview on 22 November, titled Sydney faces worst air pollution levels ever recorded | Download
- ABC News 24 interview with Dr. Graham Johnson on 11 November 2019, on Brisbane’s air quality.