REF provides consulting and contract development services for academic, industry and government clients in a range of areas, including:
- experimental hardware design;
- systems integration;
- lithium-ion battery production;
- software engineering;
- data capture, post-processing, data management and analysis; and
- proof of concept validation and testing.
As a fully certified commercial remotely piloted aircraft system operator (CASA.ReOC.0466), REF can also operate multi-rotor RPAS (up to 25kg) anywhere in Australia, within visual line of sight and not greater than 400ft above ground level. The team also has permissions to operate within 3nm of non-towered aerodromes, to conduct night visual line of sight operations, and to operate up to 15m from the general public.
RPAS Services offered by REF include:
- photogrammetry (3D reconstructions) and orthomosaicing;
- high resolution RGB, thermal, multispectral and hyperspectral image capture;
- gas and nano-particle sampling; and
- media services.
REF also manages and supports QUT’s extensive expertise in commercial grade lithium-ion battery production. Infrastructure includes two ISO 6 clean rooms:
- Room 1: T=20-22℃ , RH ≤ 30%
- Room 2: T=20-22℃ , Td ≤ -45℃ , RH ≤ 0.5%