Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, we recognise that how you drive now may not be the same as usual. We still welcome your participation in the Ipswich Connected Vehicle Pilot and we encourage you to get in contact if you have any questions about our safety-first approach. As the largest on-road testing trial of connected vehicles and infrastructure to be undertaken on public roads in Australia, the results of this research will be relevant into the future well beyond the current crisis.
In line with current Government guidelines, we have implemented a series of additional measures to ensure the best possible protection for all involved in the study.
Please note the following:
Participants are advised not to come to the ICVP Briggs Road site and to contact the research team to reschedule their appointment if they are experiencing any of the following:
- Flu-like symptoms including fever, shortness of breath, and/or a dry cough,
- Bodily aches and pains, or
- Nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, or diarrhea.
Similarly, for the safety of all involved, please let us know if any of the following apply and we will reschedule your appointment:
- You are diagnosed with COVID-19, awaiting test results for COVID-19, or are subject to a self-quarantine notice, or
- You have had close contact with an individual who is confirmed to have COVID-19 or is awaiting results for a COVID-19 test.
Participants will be required to undergo a temperature check prior to entry onto the ICVP Briggs Road site. Those with a temperature of 37.5°C or greater will be asked to reschedule their appointment after 14 day’s time.
For more information on our safety procedures, please download the following fact sheet: