Before you can join the Ipswich Connected Vehicle Pilot (also known as the ICVP) you and your vehicle need to meet certain eligibility criteria. For a full list of obligations and responsibilities please see the Participant Information Form.
To participate in the ICVP, you must:
- Hold a valid Queensland P2 provisional or open driver licence (or an Interstate or International equivalent)
- Drive a minimum of 3 hours per week (that’s only around 30 minutes a day) in the vehicle to be equipped with the C-ITS technology in the ICVP area (i.e. in and around Ipswich and the Ipswich Motorway)
- Intend to keep using/have access to the vehicle equipped with the C-ITS technology during the ICVP (i.e. not sell or replace the vehicle for 9 months)
- Are contactable via mobile phone and email
- Are in sufficient good health to see the HMI device screen and hear the warnings (i.e. are able to see what is on a standard mobile phone screen at arm’s length)
- Are able to speak, read, and understand English
- Are the owner of the vehicle to be equipped with the C-ITS technology and are willing to have the technology installed and remain in your vehicle for the length of the ICVP, or have permission from the vehicle owner to have the vehicle equipped and used throughout the ICVP
In addition, your vehicle must:
- Be comprehensively insured with any of the following insurers – RACQ, Suncorp, Allianz, QBE, AAMI, APIA, Bingle, Shannons, Vero, Youi, NRMA, Budget Direct, QANTAS, ING, Australia Post, or Virgin Money
- Have valid Queensland registration for the duration of the ICVP
- Be a light passenger or commercial vehicle (for example, not a motorcycle or a heavy vehicle)
- Be in a suitable operational condition to accommodate the C-ITS equipment installed (e.g., age of battery, vehicle make and model)
If you are interested in being involved in the Ipswich Connected Vehicle Pilot please click here to complete an online screening questionnaire and confirm your eligibility. If successful, you will then be invited to participate in a face-to-face interview to complete the sign-up and consent process, and have your vehicle inspected by the equipment installer to confirm that it meets the requirements.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact us.