Professtional Doctorate (Queensland University of Technology), Master of Laws (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Laws (Southern Cross University), Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Southern Cross University)Catherine Brown is a Lecturer in the Faculty of Law at QUT. Catherine lectures in a number of areas, including insolvency and corporate law, taxation and real property. Catherine's current research interests include
- the intersection of insolvency and taxation laws
- insolvency and bankruptcy law
- impact of technology on the legal profession
- scholarship of legal education
- Butler D, Coe S, Field R, McNamara J, Kift S, Brown C, (2017) Embodying life-long learning: Transition and capstone experiences, Oxford Review of Education, 43 (2), pp. 194-208.
- Dickfos J, Brown C, Bettles J, (2017) Superannuation and bankruptcy: Is there a mid-life crisis looming?, QUT Law Review, 17 (1), pp. 114-126.
- Anderson C, Dickfos J, Brown C, (2016) The Australian Taxation Office - what role does it play in anti-phoenix activity?, Insolvency Law Journal, 24 (2), pp. 127-140.
- Anderson C, Brown C, (2014) Mind the insolvency gap: Lessons to be learned from audit expectations gap theory, Insolvency Law Journal, 22 (4), pp. 178-191.
- Anderson C, Brown C, (2013) Demanding a change: Time to act on statutory demands, Insolvency Law Journal, 21 (2), pp. 97-108.
- Kift S, Butler D, Field R, McNamara J, Brown C, Treloar C, (2013) Curriculum renewal in legal education: Final Report 2013, .
- Kobetsky M, O'Connell A, Brown C, Fisher R, Peacock C, (2012) Income Tax : Text, Materials and Essential Cases [8th ed.], .
- McNamara J, Kift S, Butler D, Field R, Brown C, Gamble N, (2012) Work-integrated learning as a component of the capstone experience in undergraduate law, Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education, 13 (1), pp. 1-12.
- Brown C, Anderson C, Morrison D, (2011) The certainty of tax in insolvency: Where does the ATO fit?, Insolvency Law Journal, 19 (2), pp. 108-122.
- McNamara J, Brown C, (2009) Assessment of online discussion in work-integrated learning, International Journal of Information and Learning Technology, 26 (5), pp. 413-423.