Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD) (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
Belinda Bennett is a Professor in the School of Law in the Faculty of Business and Law. She is Director of Research in the School of Law. She is a member of the Australian Centre for Health Law Research.
Belinda has published extensively on a wide range of health law issues. Her current research interests include:
* global health governance;
* public health law;
* legal and ethical issues in genomics; and
* regulation of assisted reproductive technologies.
Belinda is a member of the International Editorial Board for the International Journal of Law in Context, and the Editorial Board for the Journal of Law and the Biosciences. Belinda is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Bennett B, Freckelton I, (2021) Pandemics, Public Health Emergencies and Government Powers: Perspectives on Australian Law, Federation Press.
- Stobbs N, Bennett B, Freckelton I, (2020) Compassion, law and COVID-19, Journal of Law and Medicine, 27 (4), pp. 865-876.
- Jowett S, Dallaston E, Bennett B, (2020) Genomic Research and Data-Sharing: Time to Revisit Australian Laws?, The University of Queensland Law Journal, 39 (2), pp. 341-369.
- Bennett B, Daly A, (2020) Recognising rights for robots: Can we? Will we? Should we?, Law, Innovation and Technology, 12 (1), pp. 60-80.
- Bennett B, Davies S, (2019) Looking to the future: Gender, health and international law. In K Ogg, Research Handbook on Feminist Engagement with International Law, Edward Elgar Publishing, pp. 323-337.
- Bennett B, (2019) Technology, ageing and human rights: Challenges for an ageing world, International Journal of Law and Psychiatry, 66.
- Bennett B, Cohen I, Davies S, Gostin L, Hill P, Mankad A, Phelan A, (2018) Future-proofing global health: Governance of priorities, Global Public Health, 13 (5), pp. 519-527.
- Bennett B, McDonald F, Beattie E, Carney T, Freckelton I, White B, Willmott L, (2017) Assistive technologies for people with dementia: ethical considerations, Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 95 (11), pp. 749-755.
- Bennett B, Carney T, (2017) Public health emergencies of international concern: Global, regional, and local responses to risk, Medical Law Review, 25 (2), pp. 223-239.
- THE INFORMATION PRIVACY LAW CHALLENGES PRESENTED BY HIGHLY CONNECTED AND AUTOMATED VEHICLES (CAVS) - A HUMAN CENTRED DESIGN APPROACH TO LAW REFORM
PhD, Mentoring Supervisor
- VACCINE HESITANCY IN AUSTRALIA:: A SOCIAL ECOLOGICAL APPROACH TO REGULATION
PhD, Mentoring Supervisor