Participate in an online forum to help improve outcomes for people with dementia who go missing
People with dementia are at greater risk of getting lost and experiencing devastating outcomes as a result. Confusion about how to report a missing person with dementia to police could delay search efforts which can increase the risk of adverse outcomes.
We are leading research to help address this. We are looking for people to participate in an online public consultation forum. Before attending this online forum, you will complete five short online learning modules to provide you with baseline knowledge related to the topic of interest. You will then join your chosen public consultation group to discuss strategies to develop national recommendations for reporting a missing person with dementia in Australia. This research is being funded by the Dementia Australia Research Foundation (DARF).
To be eligible you need to be aged 18 years or older, read and understand English, reside in Australia, and have access to an internet connected device with a camera.
We are looking for people who are either:
- Professional carers experienced in caring for people with dementia (e.g. Registered nurse, enrolled nurse, medical officer, allied health professional);
- Family carers of a person with dementia;
- Members of the emergency services (e.g. police, ambulance, fire brigade, SES); or
- Members of the general public.
- completing 75 mins of online education about risks of a person with dementia getting lost (at a time convenient to you at least 1 week prior to your registered session);
- being available for two online sessions (10-11:30am and 1-2:30pm) on either 24 November or 1 December 2020; and
- completing an online survey.
To thank you for your contribution we are offering you a $100 gift card.
For more information
- Please read the Participant Information form [PDF]
- View the About the Project page.
- If you have any questions, please contact a member of the research team.
To register to attend the public consultation forum please complete the online registration form.