Student ePortfolio is an online resource for documenting and presenting your academic, professional and personal development in the format of a personal ePortfolio.
Build and reflect
As a student, you should have a clear understanding of the purpose for compiling a professional ePortfolio. The QUT Student ePortfolio is an online resource for documenting and presenting your academic, professional and personal development in a digital format that is portable and able to be shared with others as you choose.
Why use it?
- Publish examples of work and other relevant documents (called artefacts) that demonstrate your skills and provide evidence of your achievements.
- To make all or part of your content available to someone else (e.g. a potential employer) create and release an ePortfolio View.
- Build a personal ePortfolio and develop a deeper awareness of yourself and your abilities.
- Reflect on and record your experiences to recognise and review acquired knowledge and skills and pinpoint any areas that need to be worked on.
- Draw on the examples documented in your ePortfolio to answer interview questions and respond to selection criteria (this will make the job application process so much easier!).
- It was great when it came to finding a job … everything was against the nursing competencies so all I had to do was go over it and it was done … I knew what I had to offer the organisation.’ [Nursing student, 2012]
- Make a more complete impression of you than your resumé or academic history could alone!
The QUT Student ePortfolio is supported by the ePortfolio team in the Division of Technology, Information and Library Services. We are available to talk with you if you have any concerns about your ePortfolio use. Please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are contacted as soon as possible.