The QUT Digital Media Research Centre provides a stimulating and supportive research training environment, where Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students work alongside senior researchers to address emerging challenges and help solve practical problems.
In addition to formal coursework in research methods, our research training activities include:
- Regular seminars and public lectures
- Masterclasses with visiting scholars
- Regular digital methods workshops
- Reading groups
- An annual DMRC Summer School attracting PhD students from around the world
- Exchanges and visiting fellowships with the DMRC’s partner organisations and partner universities nationally and internationally
- An online course on social media analytics.
There are currently three pathways to joining us in Research Training:
If you are interested in undertaking one of these degrees with the DMRC, please fill out our Expression of Interest form. If you are unable to access the online form, please download the Word version.
Call for PhD Scholarship applications
We are looking for promising PhD candidates with excellent academic track records to undertake projects with the DMRC starting in 2018. Please see our call for scholarship applications across our four programs as well as individual calls for PhD scholarships linked to funded projects on the topics of Creative industries and innovation and Digital media and public impact.