Research training in the DMRC
The QUT Digital Media Research Centre provides a stimulating and supportive research training environment, where Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students work alongside senior researchers to address emerging challenges and help solve practical problems.
In addition to formal coursework in research methods, our research training activities include:
- Regular seminars and public lectures
- Masterclasses with visiting scholars
- Regular digital methods workshops
- Reading groups
- An annual DMRC Summer School attracting PhD students from around the world
- Exchanges and visiting fellowships with the DMRC’s partner organisations and partner universities nationally and internationally
- An online course on social media analytics.
How to join us
There are currently three pathways to joining us in Research Training as a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) student:
PhD Scholarships are available to competitive applicants with excellent academic track records through QUT’s Annual Scholarship Round, which closes in September each year for higher degree research starting the following year. In May/June of each year, the DMRC will advertise priority topics for the annual scholarship round and call for expressions of interest from prospective applicants.
If you wish to undertake higher degree research with the DMRC but do not require a scholarship (or will bring one with you), please complete our out-of-round expression of interest form. If you are unable to access the online form, please contact email@example.com.