Research training in the DMRC
The QUT Digital Media Research Centre provides a stimulating and supportive research training environment, where Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students work alongside senior researchers to address emerging challenges and help solve practical problems.
In addition to formal coursework in research methods, our research training activities include:
- Regular seminars and public lectures
- Masterclasses with visiting scholars
- Reading groups
- An annual DMRC Summer School attracting PhD students from around the world
- Exchanges and visiting fellowships with the DMRC’s partner organisations and partner universities nationally and internationally
- An online course on social media analytics.
How to join us (if you need a scholarship)
How to join us (if you don’t need a scholarship)
Before you begin this form, make sure you are familiar with the DMRC’s mission, priorities, and programs.
- Continue browsing our website, and particularly the details about our research programs. Also check out our student topics and areas where we are particularly interested in finding new research students.
- Visit QUT’s general information about entry requirements to QUT’s PhD and MPhil programs.
Travel restrictions and applying
QUT is currently accepting expressions of interest from applicants who are onshore in Australia. QUT also welcomes expressions of interest from international applicants who are not currently in Australia if they have proof of being vaccinated to the required standards for entry into Australia. Australian Government Covid information is available here and Queensland Government Covid information is available here.