Informal economies and audiovisual industries
From streetside DVD vendors to file-sharing networks, informal distribution circuits play a major role in today’s global media environment. These circuits are poorly understood, yet they connect with mainstream industries in ways that, now more than ever before, are crucial to the future of media. This innovative project will investigate the structural and historical connections between formal and informal audiovisual markets, and the degree to which they are increasingly interdependent.
- Distinguished Professor Stuart Cunningham
- Professor Julian Thomas, RMIT University
- Dr Ramon Lobato, RMIT University
- Professor Dan Hunter, QUT
- ARC Discovery Project (2011-2014)