In this project, researchers are documenting the process a consortium of community organisations in Queensland are developing and implementing a comprehensive digital inclusion program for people living with a disability.
The Access, Affordability Ability Digital Inclusion (AAA Digital Inclusion) is a pilot program funded through the QLD Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy. The project is a collaboration between Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN), GIVIT and Volunteering Queensland (VQ).
QUT’s involvement includes:
- Providing access to The Digital Mentor’s Handbook to inform training for Digital Champions/Volunteers in how to support digital learners (in community or home contexts)
- Providing access to the Digital Ability Program Evaluation Tool to inform project evaluation strategy
- Providing access to Digital Skills Self-Assessment Tool and Facilitator’s Companion to be adapted to needs of the project
- Participating as a member of the Project Advisory Group monthly meetings
- Co-designing a Companion to Digital Inclusion Projects in Community Contexts (digital handbook)
- Evaluating QDN’s 2023 AAA Digital Inclusion Program
Digital inclusion, disability, and housing
Our learnings from this project have fed into an Issues Paper that captures many of the barriers and opportunities for improving digital inclusion in community contexts:
DMRC research program
This project contributes to the research within the following DMRC research program: