In this project, researchers are documenting the process a consortium of community organisations in Queensland are developing and implementing a comprehensive digital inclusion program for people living with a disability.
The Access, Affordability Ability Digital Inclusion (AAA Digital Inclusion) is a pilot program funded through the QLD Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy. The project is a collaboration between Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN), GIVIT and Volunteering Queensland (VQ).
QUT’s involvement includes:
- Providing access to The Digital Mentor’s Handbook to inform training for Digital Champions/Volunteers in how to support digital learners (in community or home contexts)
- Providing access to the Digital Ability Program Evaluation Tool to inform project evaluation strategy
- Providing access to Digital Skills Self-Assessment Tool and Facilitator’s Companion to be adapted to needs of the project
- Participating as a member of the Project Advisory Group monthly meetings
- Providing QDN with any outcomes of research (e.g., research report) and revised version of the Digital Skills Self-Assessment Tool for ongoing use
- Co-designing a Companion to Digital Inclusion Projects in Community Contexts (digital handbook)
DMRC research program
This project contributes to the research within the following DMRC research program:
Digital Inclusion & Participation