Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
Orit is a Creative Industries researcher currently involved in a research project of social media in times of crisis.
Current research interests include:
- Social networks
- Real and virtual communities
- Social impact of the internet
- Development of online and mobile tools and apps for research purposes
Past activities & projects include:
- Postdoc at LINKS, Ben-Gurion University, Israel
- Israel Lead researcher at Global Integrity Web Index project
- Research officer at the Twitter Track study
- Tutor at the New Media Unit, Creative Industries Faculty.
Previous to her PhD studies, Orit has been employed in telecommunication companies in marketing positions as well as in internet research projects.
For further details check this link.
- Ben Harush OR, (2010) Out of touch? The lack of emotional support over the mobile phone, Media Asia: an Asian mass communication quarterly operations index p193-204
- Ben Harush OR, (2010) Communication patterns within social networks: A case study of Australian women, Platform: journal of media and communication p6-22
- Ben Harush O, (2009) Defining friendworks: Communication perspective on social networks types, Communication, Creativity and Global Citizenship: Refereed Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Communication Association Conference 2009 p191-208