Master of Information Technology (Information Management) (Queensland University of Technology), Graduate Certificate (Information Technology) (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Journalism (James Cook Uni. of North Qld)
Andrew Simpson is a researcher in the broad field of information systems, with a particular focus on the emerging research domain of information experience in the context of agriculture, urban environments and complex organisations. Andrew is currently working across two roles based at QUT’s Institute for Future Environments (IFE):
- Principal Project Officer for the Cotton Research and Development Corporation-funded project Agri-Intelligence in Cotton Production Systems (Stage 1)
- Program Research Officer with the Food Agility CRC.
Andrew is a PhD candidate at the University of Southern Queensland. His research will explore the information experiences of urban planners working in local government. He has worked in information management and communications roles and led teams within a variety of diverse private and public industry settings, including higher education and research, media, creative industries, property development and corporate finance. His broad areas of expertise and research interests include:
- information experience, especially in agriculture, urban environments and complex organisations
- information and data management
- qualitative research methods and consulting
- web content strategy.