During the COVID-19 pandemic our society has also experienced a global infodemic where disinformation has been disseminated across social media. Our trust in the media has been put to the test and media organisations are facing a crisis.
QUT Digital Media Research Centre and the Global Disinformation Index (GDI) are launching a report profiling the risk of disinformation in Australia’s media ecosystem, highlighting the weaknesses as well as opportunities for improvement in the Australian media.
Mark your calendar and join us this 28 Sept as our panel of expert speakers will discuss fake news from various angles including ad tech, civil society, media, information literacy, and more.
DATE: 28 September 2021
TIME: 18:00 Brisbane / 9:00 London
DURATION: 90 mins
FORMAT: Zoom webinar
- Professor Patrik Wikstrom- DMRC Centre Director, QUT
- Dr Ehsan Dehghan – DMRC Researcher, QUT
- Dr Sofya Glazunova – DMRC Postdoctoral Researcher, QUT
- Dr Timothy Graham – DMRC Researcher, QUT
- Esther Chan – Bureau editor, First Draft
- Associate Professor Stephen Harrington – DMRC Researcher, QUT
- Clare Melford – Co-founder & Executive Director, GDI