Thanks everyone who came along today for office hours.
Topics of discussion included:
- When speech recognition might be helpful in transcribing interviews (and cases where transcription of any kind isn’t going to happen).
- Approaches to speeding up data collection from the web, using parallelisation or other means.
- Why you probably don’t want to go as fast as possible when collecting data from the web.
- Upcoming training events planned by the Digital Observatory and the Australian Text Analytics Platform.
- How to make training run smoothly for researchers new to computational approaches.
Got questions? Our next session will be in two weeks on the 15th of February – register here.