Thanks to everyone who attended today!
Topics of discussion included:
- The complexities of parsing language data from tweets, including platform affordances like #hashtags and @mentions, and also emoji 😺
- Pitfalls of importing data into Excel
- How to make meaningful entity level identifiers for projects where data should be readily accessible to humans
- Tangled tree visualisations as a way of visualising things that are conceptualised as trees but contain more complex structures, for example https://observablehq.com/@nitaku/tangled-tree-visualization-ii
- ATAP and DO’s first joint training workshop to be tested later this year, and plans for 2022
- The importance of starting projects off simply, and progressively adding complexity as needed.
Projects and tools mentioned today:
- Virtual Songlines by Bilbie Labs: https://www.virtualsonglines.org/