We are looking for promising PhD candidates to undertake projects starting in 2020 to conduct world-leading research that aligns to our overarching mission of “Change by Design”. Applicants with excellent academic track records or equivalent professional research experience may be eligible for competitive PhD scholarships in QUT’s Annual Scholarship Round to undertake study with us.
We welcome expressions of interest for projects that directly address the Design Lab’s research programs: Design and Technologies of Tomorrow, Design for Communities and Resilient Futures, Design for Health and Wellbeing. We are also calling for projects that specifically address priority PhD topics linked to funded Design Lab research projects advertised here.
Final applications due to QUT: 30 September 2019
How to apply:
As a higher degree research student, you will be specialising in your chosen field. Finding the right person to guide you along the way is important.
Design Lab Director, Associate Professor Evonne Miller has created a guide on how to get a rock star supervisor.
Prior to contacting your potential supervisor, or the Design Lab’s HDR Coordinator, we encourage you to take the following steps:
- Ensure you meet the Entry Requirements
- Identify a supervisor. All higher degree research candidates require a supervisor; before you submit your formal application, you need to actively search for potential supervisors in your chosen field.
- Contact your prospective supervisor and send them:
- a cover letter
- an up to date curriculum vitae (CV), including recent IELTS or equivalent score for international applicants
- your full academic transcript
- a two page research proposal addressing research topic. Download this template to assist your application process: QUT Design Lab Research Proposal Template 2020
- a writing sample (e.g. copy of an article, essay, thesis you have written)
- Once you have an agreement with a supervisor commence your applications process:
- After completing steps 1-3 you are ready to formally submit your application to be considered for admissions.
- Final applications due to QUT: 30 September 2019
You can find out more information on how to apply in the QUT Annual Research Scholarship Round Applicant Guide 2020.