DECRA Fellows and Future Fellows from different schools and faculties at QUT will share their fellowship experiences in a Panel Discussion
About this event
This event is hosted by the School of Architecture and Built Environment, Faculty of Engineering.
What’s it about?
- School of Architecture & Built Environment (ABE) Fellowship Club organises events and activities to provide collegial support to potential QUT DECRA and Future Fellowship applicants.
- Panel discussion on Thursday 12 August, 2021 with 5 DECRA Fellows (2:00pm – 2:45pm) and 4 Future Fellows (2:45pm – 3:30pm) from different schools and faculties at QUT to share their fellowship experiences.
What will you get?
- You will hear from our panel members their successful stories, tips and pitfalls to avoid, when to apply, research profile & track record, industry engagement, network & support, and more.
- This event would be highly valuable for potential DECRA and Future Fellow applicants and would also be beneficial for other researchers gearing up for future research grant applications.
Who should attend?
- Potential DECRA or Future Fellowship applicants.
- Researchers who are gearing up for future research grant applications.
Where is it held?
- Online via Zoom
- Based on your interest, you can use the link below to join either: DECRA Fellow Panel Discussion at 2pm; Future Fellow Panel Discussion at 2:45pm; or Both
1:55pm – Join Zoom
2:00pm – DECRA Panel Discussion
DECRA Fellow Panel Members
- Dr Anthony Ariyanayagam (School of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering)
- Dr Hossein Derakhshan (School of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering)
- Dr Carol Hon (School of Architecture & Built Environment, Faculty of Engineering)
- A/Prof Erin O’Brien (School of Justice, Faculty of CI, Education & Social Justice)
- Dr Oscar Oviedo Trespalacios (School of Psychology & Counselling, Faculty of Health)
2:45pm – Future Fellow Panel Discussion
Future Fellow Panel Members
- A/Prof Deepak Dubal (School of Chemistry & Physics, Faculty of Science)
- Prof Emilie Sauret (School of Mechanical, Medical & Process Engineering, Faculty of Engineering)
- A/Prof Laurianne Sitbon (School of Computer Science, Faculty of Science)
- Prof Prashant Sonar (School of Chemistry & Physics, Faculty of Science)
3:30pm – Event close