QUT Design Lab welcomes researchers from interstate and overseas to visit us to exchange ideas, build collaborative teams and advance design research and engagement.
Visiting Research Fellows can be early career, mid-career or senior scholars and Visiting Research Students can be currently enrolled Higher Degree by Research (normally PhD) students. Visiting Research Fellows stay with us for between one and three months, and in some cases for longer. Visiting researchers are normally given access to QUT email, library access, and a desk (if one is available). They participate actively in the full program of Design Lab seminars and social activities, and are expected to give at least one seminar or workshop during their stay.
As we limited space and staff time available, we prioritise Visiting Research Fellows and Visiting Research Students who:
- Are self-funded;
- Have an excellent research track record relative to their career opportunities;
- Plan to undertake a clearly defined research project that is closely aligned with the Design Lab’s priorities, programs and projects;
- Are based in a research organisation that is well-aligned to the Design Lab and/or with whom we have an established relationship;
- Know which Design Lab researchers they want to work closely with, and why; and
- Can commit to producing at least one article (if appropriate, co-authored with a Design Lab staff member) during the course of their visit and submitting it for review in a highly ranked journal.
Your email should briefly outline:
- your current position and role
- a 1-2 sentence description of your research interests
- the potential sources of funding for your visit
- the proposed dates of your visit
- the key Design researcher/s with whom you plan to work, and any correspondence you have had with them to date
You should attach a copy of your CV in word or PDF format.
You should receive a response to your email within 1-2 weeks.