This study evaluated the reliability and validity of a new short-form tool for measuring physical activity, screen time and sleep in infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
300 parents with children aged 0-5 years across Australia participated in the study. Children who had reached their milestone of walking wore an accelerometer on their wrist for 7 days to record their actual physical activity, sedentary time, and sleep.
On Day 7, parents were asked to complete the MBQ survey online (via SMS with a survey link) to validate the accuracy of parent-reported movement behaviours against accelerometer derived measures. This was repeated on Day 10 to assess the test-retest reliability of the tool in measuring child physical activity, screen time, and sleep. Open and closed answer formats were tested. Each survey took 5 – 10 minutes to complete.
If you would like further information about the MBQ, please contact:
Professor Stewart Trost
MATERIALS for HARD COPY Administration:
- Movement Behaviour Questionnaire Manual: User guide for hard copy administration and scoring.
- Movement Behaviour Questionnaire – Baby Open Version 1 (MBQ-B)
- Movement Behaviour Questionnaire – Baby Closed Version 1 (MBQ-B)
- Movement Behaviour Questionnaire – Child Open Version 1 (MBQ-C)
- Movement Behaviour Questionnaire – Child Closed Version 1 (MBQ-C)
MATERIALS for REDCap Administration:
- Movement Behaviour Questionnaire Manual: User guide for REDCap administration.
- REDCap Data Dictionary.
- This manual is a supplement to the REDCap data dictionary (available upon request: firstname.lastname@example.org).