Any external member, QUT staff, adjunct or student who is undertaking research that aligns with the Centre for Materials Science is welcome to become a Centre participant.
How to get involved
There are four ways to participate in the QUT Centre for Materials Science:
- Investigator (I): Any QUT staff member with an ongoing QUT appointment and/or has an independently funded position such as a Fellowship, and/or is an adjunct; who is undertaking research that aligns with the QUT Centre for Materials Science is welcome to participate as an investigator with an expected commitment of at least 0.1 FTE.
- Early Career Investigator (ECI): Any postdoctoral fellow who does not satisfy the criteria to become an Investigator, is welcome to participate as an ECI, with supervisor approval.
- Students: Any QUT student who is undertaking research that aligns with the QUT Centre for Materials Science is welcome to participate as a Student.
- Centre affiliates: External researchers, practitioners and industry representatives in materials science who don’t meet the above descriptions are welcome to join our Centre affiliates program.
Please fill in the online form below to express your interest in partnering with our Centre.
The benefits of becoming a Centre participant include:
- participation in an active local, national and international community of research in materials science
- promotion of your expertise and activities on our website
- promotion and communication of research projects and outputs, funding opportunities, external projects, visitors, jobs and other activities related to materials science
- increased opportunity for joint grant submissions, co-supervision of students and collaborative research
- invitation to participate in research activities, seminar series, external networking events
- access to competitive funding for working groups, think tanks, visitors and postgraduate awards
- shared collaborative workplaces for postgraduate and early career researchers such as dedicated funding and mentoring programs
- opportunities to engage with experts in materials science.
You’ll be expected to:
- engage actively in Centre activities
- report each quarter on relevant activities and outputs
- acknowledge the Centre in relevant outputs where appropriate.
Participation will be reviewed on an annual basis, with renewal contingent on active engagement. Participation in this Centre does not preclude nor constrain participation in any other Centre or research concentration at QUT.