PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
Dr Jennifer Moffatt is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow within the Centre for Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) Business Innovation at QUT Business School. She contributes to a research project investigating risk management and technology adoption in mining firms operating in Australia.
Jennifer completed her PhD in 2018 through the Science & Engineering Faculty at QUT. Her thesis title is: Organisational Culture (OC) and Performance of Project Based Organisations (PBOs) operating in the Australian resources and energy sector. The research aimed to discover why some PBOs seemed to perform better than others working in the same industry, often competing for the same projects and specialist productive resources, facing the same pressures, conflicting demands, and supply issues in a counter-cyclical sector of the Australian economy. The purpose of the research was to firstly investigate the nature or form of OC in PBOs, and secondly understand OCs relationship to the performance of a defined organisational type, specific industry sector, and jurisdiction. The variation that existed in organisational forms and the external environment, particularly the phase in the economic cycle during which the research was undertaken, essentially differentiated this study.
Prior to commencing her PhD Jennifer worked in senior marketing and business development roles in professional services firms including global engineering practices serving the mining and metallurgical sector. Jennifer also holds a Master of Business, Integrated Marketing Communication, and a Bachelor of Business, Communication, both obtained though QUT.
- Axiom Project Services, Brisbane – Business Manager (Casual), October 2018 – August 2019
- Worley (formerly WorleyParsons), Brisbane – Marketing & Research Manager, Australia East & Pacific, July 2012 – March 2013
- Hatch, Brisbane – Global Marketing Manager – Coal & Iron Ore and previously Business Development and Marketing Manager, January 2007 – June 2012
- Ashurst (formerly Blake Dawson Waldron), Brisbane – Marketing/Corporate Profiler, September 2003 – April 2006
- Cromwell Corporation, Brisbane – Marketing Services Manager, February 2003 – August 2003
- Norton Rose Fullbright (formerly Deacons), Brisbane, Marketing Co-ordinator – January 2001 – April 2002
- Woods Bagot, Brisbane, Group Marketing Coordinator, September 1997 – April 2000.